Teaching Licence Examination for Pre-School, Primary and Secondary Teachers and Expert Associates
Provincial Secretariat for Education, Regulations, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities organises examination for the teaching licence for pre-school, primary and secondary teachers and expert associates.
Licence examination shall be organised in accordance with the Rulebook on Work Licence for Pre-School, Primary and Secondary Teachers and Expert Associates (“Official Gazette of the RS” No. 22/05, 51/08, 88/15, 105/15 and 48/16).
Educational institutions based in the territory of AP Vojvodina submit to the Provincial Secretariat for Education, Regulations, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities a request to take teaching licence examination.
The request must contain the following documents:
1. Certified copy of a diploma on completed education;
2. Copy of Employment Contract;
3. Report of the institution’s committee on the completed induction programme of an employee
4. Proof of payment of the expenses for taking the licence exam;
5. Certified copy of student’s transcript and/or university confirmation on passed exams in pedagogy and psychology or a certificate of the higher education institution that the candidate fulfils the requirements stated in Article 142 of the Law on the Fundamentals of the Education System.
IMPORTANT NOTICE RELATED TO THE DOCUMENTATION:
• Certified copies of documents are only those copies certified by the competent authority.
• Diploma on completed higher education, pursuant to Article 125 of the Law on Higher Education shall be a public document which is considered as a proof of attained education.
• The decision of the employment or contract regulating a working relationship must clearly state the work position which the candidate is registered to or, failing that, the institution shall be obliged to issue a certificate evidencing the work position.
• The committee established by the manager’s decision, monitors the mastering of the induction programme of trainees at the earliest after a year of work in the institution, and no later than 15 days from the submission of the report by a mentor.
Request for licence examinations with accompanying documentation can be sent to:
Republic of Serbia; Autonomous Province of Vojvodina; Provincial Secretariat for Education, Regulations, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities; 21000 Novi Sad; Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 16 - with note: For teaching licence examination.
Notice with details on the licence examination / preliminary examination in psychology and pedagogy (time, place, class, educational group, subject, or area) shall be submitted to the institution not later than 15 days before the date set for the examination.
Notice on the topic of the class - lesson, activities i.e. theme of the essay for the candidate shall be sent to the candidate via the institution which employs the candidate, as a rule, three days preceding the date scheduled for the examination.
A licence examination shall consist of a written and oral part, and it shall begin with the start of a class, performing the activity i.e. presenting essays.
A written part shall include: a lesson plan for teachers, preparation of pre-school teacher`s activities, i.e. preparation of essay presentation for expert associates.
A candidate with a written preparation of a class or activity, or a written essay, shall commence the examination. A lesson plan for teachers and pre-school teachers can be up to two pages of a handwritten text, and for an associate up to the six-page essay.
The oral part of the exam shall include the test of:
• Knowledge, skills and abilities of the trainee to independently perform the appropriate forms of an educational work;
• Competence to solve specific situations in pedagogical practice;
• Knowledge of regulations in the field of education.
The cost for taking the license examination shall be born by the institution where a candidate is employed and the cost of supplementary examination as a whole or in part shall be born by the candidate.
A trainee whose employment in an institution ceases during the teaching licence examination shall be entitled to continue with the commenced examination in accordance with the Law bearing in mind that the examination costs of submitting a new request shall be born by the candidate himself/herself.
The cost for taking the licence examination in the amount of 10,000.00 RSD (for re-taking of the exam: of one part of the exam: 4,500.00; for both parts: 6,500.00) shall be paid as follows:
• Bank account number: 840-742331843-51;
• Model and reference number: 97 902238025163;
• Recipient: Budget of AP Vojvodina, Provincial Secretariat for Education, Regulations, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities;
• Purpose of payment: Examination fee for taking licence examination.
Rulebook on the Work Permit for Pre-School, Primary and Secondary Teachers and Expert Associates (“Official Gazette of the RS” 22/05, 51/2008 and 88/15);
Exam questions - regulations in the field of education;
Source for the preparation of the regulation exam in the field of education.
For further information please contact:
Brankica Kovačević – contact for organising licence examination
(Office III/19, telephone: 021/487-45-66);
All nominal words, used in this text in the masculine gender, which have a feminine gender, imply the same nominal words in the feminine gender.